Services Fair Use Policy
Within the "Services Fair Use Policy", Kyivstar provides customers with the proper quality of mobile; makes efforts to protect clients from cases of SMS spam, fraud, abuse of outgoing international calls through interference with the traffic routing process and other actions that impair the quality of voice services for Kyivstar customers.
- SMS text messages sending service
To protect customers from SMS Spam, the company requires that consumers follow the 'Policies of equitable use of SMS text messages sending service': the SMS service can be restricted for customers, who use customer numbers to send SMS Spam (including SMS messages for commercial purposes in order to advertise any goods or services) and/or messages, which have indications of malicious calls and/or are sent for fraudulent purposes.
To those who want to send SMS of a commercial nature to their clients, partners or employees, Kyivstar recommends using the service of promoting SMS distribution, sending text messages from alphanumeric names with such purposes:
- informing about sales, individual discounts, special offers;
- sending news, events announcements, invites;
- sending reports on completing orders, bookings, registrations;
- greetings on holidays, special events, etc.
Our customers who use the SMS text messages sending service in order to communicate with relatives and friends won’t feel any changes.
SMS Spam is electronic, text and\or multimedia messages that are sent on purpose and/or massively without customer’s previous consent (order) to their emails or end-user equipment, except for operator’s, telecommunications provider’s or public authorities’ messages in the cases provided by law, and also sending messages about sales, draws, provision of services, products, goods, that were not ordered, messages with offers to replenish personal account, that were not sent by operator, that cannot be stopped and that cause psychological and/or material damage to consumer and/or operator, provider.
- International calls
The company reserves the right to temporarily suspend or completely terminate access to telecommunications services in general or partly (in international calls sphere) in case if the company or designated public authorities find out the breach of the rules in sphere of international connection or misuse of international connection services in the form, but not limited to:
- usage of the ordered communications services including customer number pursuing the commercial;
- breach of the rules of the international calls traffic routing;
- any actions with ordered communications services in the operator’s telecommunication network, which bring financial losses of the company, breach of the traffic routing schemes, worsening of the provided services quality, customers’ complaints.