A new useful innovation implemented by the Kyivstar Company is an SIM for tablet service. It gives an opportunity to use mobile phone and device providing access to the Internet simultaneously from a single customer`s number and account. One SIM card can be used in the mobile phone and the other in the pad, laptop or modem. The service is available to prepaid and contract customers.
The SIM for tablet service gives an opportunity to receive additional SIM card with the same customer’s number as the number of the main SIM card and a single account. The SIM for tablet service is convenient as there is no need to buy a separate SIM card and replace the SIM card from the mobile phone into the device with access to the Internet.
A service fee for the internet access and mobile communication is charged from the single personal account, therefore, there is no need to top up account for different SIM cards.
Additional SIM card is intended only for using mobile Internet and sending MMS, as well as services based on USSD-requests. Outgoing/incoming calls and SMS services, as well as MMS reception, do not work.
Activation of the SIM for tablet Service
To activate the SIM for tablet service, please apply to the Customers Service Centre. After your application for activation is submitted, you are given an additional SIM card. The SIM card will be activated within 24 hours.
For the first time, service activation fee is not charged.
The cost of reconnection and a license fee in the table below:
|Tariff||The fee for the 1st connection||Reconnecting||Monthly Fee|
|3G Business VIP Premium, Бізнес Офіс Premium, Kyivstar 4G 125 2018, Kyivstar 4G 175 2018, Kyivstar 4G 275 2018, Kyivstar 4G Premium 2018, Kyivstar 4G Business 2018, Kyivstar 4G Business VIP 2018, Kyivstar 4G, Kyivstar 4G Extra, Kyivstar 4G Ultra, Kyivstar 4G Business, Kyivstar 4G Business Premium, Kyivstar 4G Business VIP||0 UAH||0 UAH||0 UAH|
|Gate||10 UAH||10 UAH|
|Kyivstar 4G 50 Special 2018, Kyivstar 4G 75 Special 2018||0 UAH||10 UAH|
|Kyivstar Team, Kyivstar 4G Simple, Kyivstar 4G Simple+||0 UAH||15 UAH|
|For all other tariffs not listed above||5 UAH||10 UAH|
The fee for Internet SIM card restoration is UAH 25.00 including VAT, except for the warranty cases.
The first-time subscription fee will be charged one day after service activation. Subsequent charging of the monthly fee occurs on the first day of each month.
Peculiarities of Using the SIM for tablet Service
- Services tariffication for the Internet access using the Internet SIM card is made according to the tariff plan terms and conditions activated on the main customer`s number, including all additional packages and offers activated.
- Only services of data transfer based on 2G (GPRS / EDGE), 3G (UMTS) and 4G (LTE) internet access in the presence of 2G, 3G, or 4G coverage, respectively, technologies and also services provided on the basis of USSD-requests are activated on the Internet SIM card. Standard settings are used for the services provided on the basis of 2G (GPRS / EDGE), 3G (UMTS) and 4G (LTE).
- Contract customers can activate the SIM for second phone and SIM for tablet services simultaneously.
- Services based on GPRS / EDGE technologies can be used from the main and Internet SIM card.
- Consistency with the Static IP Address service.
- If the customer does not use the Static IP Address service, the services based on GPRS technology can be used from two SIM cards simultaneously, even using a single access point
- If the customer uses the Static IP Address service, the services based on GPRS technology can be used from two SIM cards simultaneously, but with different access points
- Contract customers have a possibility to suspend the SIM for tablet service.
The subscription fee charging is suspended in the following month after the month in which an application for temporary suspension of the service was submitted. Service can be in a status of the temporary suspension no more than 90 days. If within 90 days the service is not re-activated, it will be deactivated on the 91st day from the date of its suspension. In this case, to re-activate the service it is necessary to apply to the Customers Service Center.
When service is temporarily suspended, the subscription fee will be charged in full for the month in which the relevant application was submitted.
For a month in which the service was re-activated, the subscription fee will be charged in full. The further subscription fee will be charged on the first day of each month
It is possible to temporarily suspend/re-activate/deactivate a service:
- applying to the Customers Service Center;
- using My Kyivstar system (“Services and Offers” section)*;
- sending the following USSD code:
- Temporarily service suspension: *100*93*1#*;
- Re-activation after service suspension: *100*93*2#*.
- Service deactivation: *100*93*3#* (only for contract customers)
- Manage the service through My Kyivstar, as well as temporarily suspend and renew it through the USSD code for corporate customers, is only available to the coordinator and customers with the right to manage services and promotions.
- Disconnection of the service through the USSD code is available to coordinators and users of the service "Independent service management".